MY MENU

Latest news

Title

Strange pain and discomfort in your tummy? Be suspicious of cholecytitis [이유 없이 배 아프고 속 불편하다면 담낭염 의심을]

Name
관리자
Date
2019.08.20
File0
Review
706
Contents
The gallbladder is an organ located on the upper right side of the abdomen that stores bile secreted by the liver by concentrating it ten times more. It is the organ that secretes bile into the duodenum when releasing bile and digesting food.
Inflammation of the gallbladder is called cholecystitis, in which more than 95% of the time is caused by gallstones, and the remaining 5% occurs without gallstones.

Gallstones refer to the formation of bile crystals in the gallbladder. The exact cause of gallstones is unknown, but it may be related to the balance of bile components and abnormal gall bladder movement.

# Pain and fever, acute cholecystitis, and asymptomatic chronic cholecystitis

More than 90% of acute cholecystitis is caused by gallstones, and gallstones block the gallbladder ducts. Depending on the location of the nerves stimulated, not only the location of gallbladder (upper right abdomen), but also the right shoulder, upper right abdomen can ache which can later spread to the right side of the back.

Symptoms of acute cholecystitis include abdominal pain and fever, and the body's inflammatory response increases white blood cell levels.

Chronic cholecystitis is not easy to detect because it is only symptomatic when gallstones block the gallbladder ducts, but unexpected indigestion, bloating and discomfort may be important causes. Pain can be felt along the abdomen and in the right upper abdomen. It is similar to gastritis and symptoms are not confirmed to be cholecystitis until abdominal ultrasonography is performed.

# If you have chronic cholecystitis or pain, perform cholecystectomy

If you have only gallstones, it is recommended that you regularly perform abdominal ultrasonography. However, cholecystectomy can be performed if there chronic cholecystitis is discovered or pain due to specific gallstones.

At Nasaret International Hospital, experienced surgeons perform laparoscopic surgery to increase patient satisfaction. Laparoscopic surgery has fewer scars and faster recovery than open surgery, and the incidence of postoperative adhesions is much lower than that of open surgery. There may be temporary indigestion after the surgery, but it will recover after a certain time.

Written with the help of Dr. Park Jae Jun, General Surgery Dept., Nasaret International Hospital
Original article by Kiho Ilbo, published 2019 Jun 05

게시물수정

게시물 수정을 위해 비밀번호를 입력해주세요.

댓글삭제게시물삭제

게시물 삭제를 위해 비밀번호를 입력해주세요.